Organisation / Routine
Being organised and having a routine plays a very important role in getting through school, organising yourself and when you do things can take a lot of stress out of school. Things you could do to help you be more organised:
- Prepare things the night before so you're not rushing around as much in the morning. So prepare your lunch, make sure your homework is done, get your backpack ready and take a shower all the night before.
- The amount of sleep that you need to be productive and feel OK throughout the day is so important, you need to try and get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, so no cheeky late night looks on Twitter!
- Set alarms to give you enough time to get ready.
- Eat breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it's what starts you off, so have something healthy that will give you extra energy boost for the morning.
Homework / Studying
Everyone hates homework and having to study... But it has to be done. Studying is difficult because it isn't really ever set as homework, teacher just tell you that have to revise and it is difficult to juggle four or more subjects all at once.
- When you get homework the best thing to do is to do it the same day you get it, as soon as you get home and you've got changed and had something to eat, get the homework done then you don't have to worry about for the rest of the night and you can relax.
- Make a revision timetable - but don't over schedule because then you won't be able to cope and you'll end up not doing any revision.
- Go somewhere quiet so there are no distractions.
- Stay off phones/iPads etc, just keep it away from you because you will get distracted.
School can be very stressful, but always try and stay calm (easier said than done). It's important school doesn't takeover everything, try and get some sort of balance, find something that you love to do that helps you escape from stress and you can relax, even if it's just going out for a walk or you like reading books.
Being bullied in school can be tough as you spend five out of seven days there. If you are being bullied it is really important that you talk to someone because they will be able to help you, talk to your parents or a teacher that you feel you can talk to and they will be able to put a stop to it. Just remember that bullies are insecure people themselves.
Friends are something that makes school that bit better, it definitely encouraged me to go to school. If making friends is something that you find scary try and get involved in activities, find out what goes on during lunchtimes and after school and make friends that way.
But remember the real reason why you're in school is to get the grades that you need to go on to college and maybe university, or to help you get a job in the future.
So this is my breakdown on everything about going back to school, if you have any thoughts I would love to read them!
See you next time :)