Tuesday 7 November 2017

Rimmel London Influenster VoxBox


In September I was lucky enough to receive my very first Influenster VoxBox which I was very excited about, I know I'm a little late to the party with this, but it really is the first chance that I have had to sit down and write about the products. The complimentary box contained the brand new Rimmel Lasting Foundation and concealer, along with a Kate Moss sculpting palette and a lipstick.



I'll be honest, when my little Influenster box arrived I was asleep when the postman banged on my door (which wasn't appreciated) and so I didn't actually know it was there until I went out later that day, because he had left it on my doorstep and not bothered to put a card through the door. However, I was very excited when I found it.

So onto the actual products now, First up we have the Rimmel Lasting Finish Breathable Foundation, and it says that it's Rimmel's most lightweight, longwearing formula and lasts up to 25 hours with a light to medium buildable coverage. When I applied it, it was a light coverage, it is definitely buildable but I don't really like putting on more than one layer of foundation. It had a very matte finish which made my face look quite flat (when I've heard people say that I never really knew what they meant until I used this foundation). It gave a very natural finish and looked like my skin and I felt like I had nothing on my face which I liked. I received the lightest shade and I think if I'd of had a shade darker I think it would have looked so much better, the shade I got was just too light.



 I used a brush to apply and finished it off with a beauty blender, blending it was easy if you work with it quickly, I didn't get long from putting it on my face to it starting to dry before I'd finished blending. Something I haven't mentioned is that it has SPF which is a big plus as there aren't enough foundations around with SPF in.
The applicator of this foundation is a doe foot which I have never used before with a foundation before, I really liked it, it makes it simple to apply reducing the risk of spillages. There are thirteen shades of this foundation which isn't too bad but I hope they extend further.

The Lasting Finish Breathable Concealer, again there are things that I like and dislike about it. The colour I liked because I quite often prefer to have a lighter concealer to give a more highlighted look, I also like the sponge applicator, I know it's probably not the most hygienic kind of applicator but using something softer around the eyes is so much better in such a delicate area. Again I am not too keen on how it blends out, it doesn't blend out very well as it drys too quickly, it is also very light coverage and doesn't really cover up my blemishes which is what I want a concealer to do, so I would only use it under my eyes. With this concealer there are only six shades, so they definitely need to bring out a few more shades!



Along with the new foundation and concealer, I received the Kate Moss Sculpting Palette in Coral Glow. When I swatched it, I thought it came out quite powdery and it took a lot to build up colour (the pigmentation wasn't great is what I'm trying to say). They seemed powdery when I put a brush to them as well, however, when I applied it to my face it actually came out pretty well. The contour is a good shade and you don't need too much to give a subtle contour, the blush came out really nice on my cheeks too, it is slightly orangey (with it being a coral shade). I do normally go for a blush shade with a shimmer, so this is a little matte for me, but makes a lovely subtle daytime look. As for the highlighter; this was the least impressive, it is not very pigmented, is matte and doesn't look like I have put any on. I like to have that real pigmented glow where it's a real shimmery glow.




Finally the lipstick in the shade Vintage Pink, I have never purchased one of their Moisture Renew lipsticks before. The shade I received isn't the normal kind of colour I would go for with it being a pinky shade with lilac/purple tones. I love how moisturising it is, it didn't dry my lips out at all and is pretty pigmented too. I would definitely pick up one of these in another shade.



This was my final look, using just the Rimmel products on my face. I would recommend trying these as they are good products, whilst some of them might not be for me I can see that they are really good products. The foundation retails for £8.99 and the concealer is £6.49.

Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products an what your thoughts are!

Xx


*I received the products complimentary from Influenster, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment