Saturday 5 December 2015

Top 5 Christmas Films


It's now December which means Christmas movies will be on in full power, along with the countdown to Christmas - it's all getting very exciting now! I have picked 5 of my favourite Christmas movies that I think you should watch, this is not in any particular order I don't think, it's five Christmas films I LOVE.




1. The first film is Elf, I LOVE Elf! It is one of the best Christmas films out there, but then I do love all Christmas films, I just think that Elf has a bit of everything in it and is one of my face.
Elf is about an elf (obviously) called Buddy who is slightly different from all of Santa's elves, for starters he is 6'3" (not a normal height for an elf) and he is actually a human! One Christmas Buddy sets off on a holiday to New York City on a quest to find his real dad. It is a lovely film that is full of comedy and guaranteed to put a smile on anyone's face. This film is an all-family classic.




2. The Polar Express is my next film and it was actually on TV today and held me up writing this blog post. The Polar Express is an animated film. It is Christmas Eve and the Polar Express is taking children to the North Pole, a young boy embarks on a truly magical adventure to make him believe in Santa Claus again and learn about different things along the way such as the spirit of Christmas. You really feel the magic of Christmas, a must watch!




3. Home Alone is an old classic, there are five Home Alone films, but in my opinion the first two are the best. Home Alone is about an 8-year-old boy called Kevin who gets left behind by accident by his parents as they rush off on their vacation. While they are not there Kevin embarks on a hilarious mission when two burglars try to break in, Kevin defends his home by setting up a number of booby traps which the burglars find themselves stuck in.




4. The Holiday is a great film, it is a romantic comedy starring Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black so a proper star filled film. Two women who live in two different countries meet online on a home exchange website and they decide to switch homes for Christmas, and whilst at each other's houses they find a new romance, which is the last thing they were looking for. This is a really cute film and pretty funny too!




5. The last film I'm sure everyone has heard of, it's Love Actually! It stars quite a few well known faces being Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Keira Knightly and Martine McCutcheon plus more! It is set in London in the build up to Christmas, it weaves in between a number of love-stories, all funny in a different way. It's all about love! My favourite story is the one with Hugh Grant who has just become Prime Minister and falls in love seconds after entering Downing Street with Martine McCutcheon, who I think plays a secretary. This is a certificate 15 just letting you know!





If you have any more suggestions on great Christmas films to watch leave a comment, and follow me on bloglovin :)
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment