Sunday 3 January 2016

Albums of 2015

I've seen a lot of posts talking about the new year or the year that's just happened, and I thought 'oh I haven't written anything like that' but then I'm not the type to talk about that. I've decided that I'm going to start off light and then maybe write a post about the upcoming year.

2015 was a great year for music and I have picked out some of my favourite albums, they are all pop, I just wanted to focus on one genre that is very popular.

The first one is probably my favourite one, I am a big fan of this band... Have you guessed who it is? It's One Direction with their fifth album 'Made In The A.M.' which includes the singles Drag Me Down, Perfect and the latest one announced History after being changed from Infinity. This album is in my opinion their best album yet. I love all the tracks, some of my favourites are: Temporary Fix, If I Could Fly and Perfect. It's a real shame that they are not touring this album, but they are having a very well deserved break!

. . .

The long awaited return of international star Adele... Ever since Adele took a break from the music scene everyone has just literally been waiting, hoping that she will return, including myself of course. When Adele did eventually return she certainly did not disappoint with her album '25'. With the no.1 single 'Hello' you know that the rest of her album is going to be incredible. I would imagine everyone has heard this album and completely fallen in love with just as much as I have.

. . .

Next is Little Mix - Get Weird, I love the title of this album and when I first heard the title I wasn't sure what to expect with the music on the album, but was pleasantly surprised. This is a brilliant album, after they seemed to disappear for a year - I assumed that they were having a break but it was actually because they wrote a WHOLE album, didn't like it so they decided to start all over again however I definitely think that it was worth the wait.

. . .

The next album came as a real surprise to me when I listened and liked it, I'm usually very picky when it comes to R&B and there has to be something about the music. The Weeknd - Beauty Behind The Madness, this album is so so good! I first heard The Weeknd with the Fifty Shades Of Grey movie: Earned It and I thought that it was a great song. I wasn't expecting him to drop an album but when he did everyone was tweeting about it was so I had to give it a listen and I LOVED it, all his tracks are explicit except for one, so if you don't normally like explicit songs then maybe this isn't the album for you, but this is definitely a top 5 album for me!

. . .

Album number 5 is Justin Bieber - Purpose, I feel like I had to include this album because so many people love Justin Bieber, personally myself I'm not his biggest fan - I never have been but there are some good songs on the album, one of my favourites is Love Yourself as it's a really good acoustic song, I also heard a snippet of a piano version of 'Sorry' and really liked it. I think if you haven't already you should go and give it a listen.

. . .

These are my top 5 albums of 2015, it was so difficult to choose and there are so many other artists that I love such as Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, The Vamps and loaads more! Leave a comment telling me what you're favourite album of 2015 is!
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment