Saturday 8 April 2017

Top 5 Makeup Essentials For Beginners



The past couple of weeks I have had really bad writers block and I feel like I haven't been able to come up with an idea good enough to publish, hence why I did not post anything last week and I am two days late this week - if you didn't know my usual posting day is Tuesday :). With the cloud that is writer's block now hopefully passing, I thought of quite a simple post for me to start off with, which is my top beauty products for a beginner. If you are new on the blogging scene and wanting to start building up that makeup collection, or if you are just starting to get into putting makeup on ya face and you're not quite sure what items you should start off with, then hopefully this post will help you out!




Now I am by no means an expert on makeup, these things are what I started off with when I got into makeup. I have picked out a few products which I have tried or I have seen good reviews on, to help you out a little bit more.

Concealer

You might be like 'Sophie, why aren't you starting with foundation?!' But tThe very first makeup product that I used when I was starting to explore the world of makeup was a concealer, I was starting to get the odd blemish pop up and my mum suggested that I try concealer, and she took me to get my first concealer as obviously I had no clue back then. It was one of those Rimmel stick concealers - who remembers those?! I loved it at the time and felt like a cool kid because I had an item of makeup. If you're just getting started with makeup and you're not ready to wear a foundation or you're in school and not allowed to wear makeup but you have a blemish you feel self-conscious about (this was my situation), then no one is ever going to know if you've got a little bit of concealer on... If you get the right shade. I wouldn't recommend the stick ones, but I have suggested some below.


 Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer


 Foundation

Foundation is the main base product for your face and it took me a few tries before I found a foundation that suited my skin, my mum again helped pick out a foundation- telling me which brand and the right colour. I would try and find out whether you have oily skin, dry skin, combination or normal, a good thing to do is go to a makeup counter such as Clinique, even if you're not going to buy anything they'll give you some advice on your skin and tell you which type of foundation you would suit e.g. Matte or dewy etc. You can then go away and know what you're looking for a bit more.




 Powder

This is essential if you have oily skin. I had very oily skin throughout school, I would constantly have an oily T-zone, it was very annoying but I control it better now. It also depends on what foundation you are using for example if you have oily skin and you're using a dewy foundation it's not going to have the best outcome. Powder was a very important product for me, I used to use a loose powder, but I think a pressed powder is a better choice if it's just to mattify the shine on your face and it is a lot more transportable. 



Mascara

To add a little something to the eyes, don't jump in trying to blend multiple colours of eyeshadow and doing winged eyeliner because it most likely won't end up how you thought it would, no matter how many YouTube videos you watch. Take your time, ease in gradually. Don't go from wearing nothing to wearing every possible makeup item you can get your hands on.






Lip Balm

Lip balm is the perfect starter in my opinion, whether it be just a standard moisturising one or a tinted lip balm. Adding something to my lips to keep them looking moisturised was very important for me, I didn't always necessarily want any colour. I was a fan of the old vaseline when I was in school, most of the time I carried one around in my bag. Even though my knowledge of makeup has developed massively I still like to keep it simple sometimes with just a quick swipe of lip balm, my lips HAVE to be moisturised!






There are my 5 essentials to start you off on your journey with makeup, I developed an interest in other makeup items gradually, later on, I was always too scared! I would also keep it to high street brands initially, don't always think that you have to have products from an expensive brand, the high street has some amazing products out there. 
If you have any questions then feel free to ask in the comments or find me one one of my social media platforms! :)


Find Me:


📌https://uk.pinterest.com/maybeautytrend/

2 comments:

  1. I am such a make up novice so posts like this really help. I have never used powder but may have to invest x
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw such lovely tips! I adore the Babylips range, I will have to try the others too! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete